We all love pizzas, but they are often quite unhealthy. Here’s my alternative recipe, as part of my series on mindful cooking.
Store-bought doughs are particularly bad for your health, as they are full of sugar and heavy on the stomach. For a few years, I have been using tortilla wraps instead. The result: crispy, delicious and relatively healthier pizzas!
Healthy-ish pizzas recipe
6 tortilla wraps
500 grams tomato pulp
3 kinds of cheese: mozzarella, parmesan, burrata
1 bell pepper
Salt and pepper
Nothing really, just an oven!
1. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a parchment paper on a baking tray.
2. Take a tortilla wrap and use tomato pulp as a base.
3. Add small pieces of mozzarella on top.
4. Chop the tomatoes and bell pepper, and add them on top.
5. Put your pizza in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes until crisp.
7. Add 3 large spoons of burrata.
6. Serve with olive oil, arugula, and parmesan flakes. Voilà!
What do you think of this recipe? I love it because it’s a perfect summer dish, and you can put on top whatever you have in your fridge. If you are interested in mindful cooking, have you tried my last recipe?